How to Drink Corona
Corona is a pale lager made by Cerveceria Modelo in Mexico. It is one of the best selling beers in the entire world and available in over 150 countries. Many places in the United States and abroad serve Corona beer with a traditional lime or lemon wedge. However, there are many different ways you can prepare and drink Corona beer. You can drink Corona by itself or create a new mixed Corona drink by adding numerous different ingredients to enhance the natural flavors within the beer.
Drinking a Traditional Corona
Cool the Corona.You can place your beer in the freezer, fridge or cooler. Depending on the method and the initial temperature of the beer, it could take anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours to cool the beer - so in deciding which method to use, consider how soon you want to open your first beer.
- Be careful not to leave your beer in the freezer for more than 30 minutes, as it may explode.
- Using a cooler with ice water is the fastest method to cool beer (it transfers heat more quickly).With this method, allow the ice to settle inside the cooler for an hour or longer. Once the ice melts a little, place the Corona beers inside the cooler.
Open and dress the Corona with salt and lime.Use a bottle opener to remove the bottle cap from the top of the beer - as all Corona bottles require a bottle opener. Sprinkle the rim of the bottle with a little sea salt, Lucas brand seasoning or other salt-based seasoning of your choice. Place a lime wedge over the opening of the beer bottle and squeeze the lime juice into the bottle. Push the lime wedge into the bottle to flavor the beer even more.
- If you'd like to mix the drink more completely, try putting your thumb over the top of the beer and slowly turning it upside down a few times. Be careful: Turning the beer upside down at a fast rate will cause the beer to release carbonation and explode.
Take a drink and enjoy your Corona.But remember to drink responsibly.
Drinking a Mixed Corona
Cool the Corona.Using the first step in Method 1 of this article is a good reference point for cooing beer quickly. A cool Corona will be necessary for all mixed drinks.
Make your own mixed Corona.Add one to all of the following to a mixer or empty cup with half a Corona in it: lemon, Tabasco sauce, spicy tomato juice, salt and/or pepper.These ingredients are most common in corona, besides the lime and salt combination. Adding these elements of flavor to your Corona will really improve the taste and can be fun to experiment with.
- If you decide that you want to only add one or two of the ingredients, you can go ahead and put the ingredients directly into your Corona bottle and skip putting them in a mixer.
- Make sure that you'll enjoy each flavor that the different ingredients create. You can do this by tasting each ingredient mixed in a shot glass with Corona.
- Place a few ice cubes into the mixer or cup with the ingredients if the Corona becomes warm in the process.
Make a Red Corona.Add 1 shot of vodka, 1 teaspoon of grenadine syrup and 1 slice of lime to a 7/8 full bottle of Corona.
- Remember that putting your thumb over the top of the beer and slowly turning it upside down a few times is a good way to mix the drink. Be careful: Turning the beer upside down at a fast rate will cause the beer to release carbonation and explode.
- Try adding these ingredients to a cup or mixer if you have trouble mixing them in a Corona bottle.
Make a Mexican Bulldog Margarita.Add 1 ounce of tequila, 7 - 10 ounces of margarita mix and 8 - 10 ice cubes into a blender. Blend the ingredients into a homogeneous mix. Pour the mix into a 16 ounce (or larger) drinking glass and place an upside-down Corona bottle in the drink.
- Make sure that the drinking glass' rim is wide enough to support a Corona bottle without tipping over. If the only drinking glasses that you have are small, you can try using a Coronita (a smaller Corona).
Drink your mixed Corona.Whatever you way decide to mix your Corona, it's going to be delicious - it's Corona. Don't forget to add a lime garnish and salt if you haven't already.
QuestionWhy is Corona drunk with lemon?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerA slice of lemon or lime is often added to the drink to give it a lightly citrus taste.Thanks!
QuestionIs it safe to drink a Corona Light after it has been cold and than hot and cold again?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, it's safe to drink alcohol that has gone through temperature fluctuations, but these fluctuations can affect the taste.Thanks!
QuestionHow do you drink an inverted-bottle cocktail?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerDrink it with a straw, but be careful not to accidentally tip over the bottle as you drink.Thanks!
QuestionWhat will happen when I drink Corona for the first time?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerHopefully, you will enjoy the taste and enjoy yourself. Just make sure you don't drink too many and make yourself sick.Thanks!
QuestionWhat type of lime is best?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAny type of lime will work as long as it's fresh and juicy.Thanks!
Question"Sprinkle the rim of the bottle with a little sea salt, Lucas or salt-based seasoning of your choice." What is Lucas?Top AnswererLucas would appear to be a UK-based manufacturer of seasonings for butchers. Using salt will probably produce better results.Thanks!
To drink a Corona, start by inserting a lime wedge into the bottle and pushing it in to flavor the beer. Next, sprinkle a little sea salt over the opening to complement the lime. To try something different, add a shot of vodka, 1 teaspoon of grenadine syrup and a slice of lime to your bottle. Then, put your thumb over the opening and slowly turn it upside down a few times to mix the contents. Alternatively, you can just add some lemon, Tabasco, or tomato juice to your beer to create different flavors.
- To keep your Corona beer cold while drinking it, invest in a beer cooler that you can place the open beer bottle inside. These help to keep beer bottles cooler for a longer length of time.
- All of the recipes refer to a Corona "bottle," but you can use a Corona can as well if that's all you have handy. Although, a Corona bottle is generally easier to mix with.
- When drinking Corona beer, make sure that it is cold. Drinking warm beer can make you feel nauseous and it can give you indigestion. You will also not be able to experience its full flavor.
- Corona Extra is preferable to Corona Light.
- When cooling your Corona in the freezer, do not leave the beer unchecked for more than 30 minutes. An exploded beer can be quite a mess to clean up.
- Corona is an alcoholic beverage, so enjoy in moderation and drink responsibly.
Things You'll Need
A a way to cool beer
Chili pepper powder
Spicy tomato juice
Lime margarita Mix
Sources and Citations
- Videos provided by
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Русский: , Português: , Deutsch: , Français: , Tiếng Việt: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: What Percentage Is Corona?
What’s In A HelloFresh Box
7 Insider Shopping Tips From Someone Who Used to Work at Zara
The 8 Most Important Things I Learned From My Fathers Infidelity
Blushing Grapefruit Cupcakes
Tips for IBS Caregivers
Nikki Reed Oozes Sophistication in Rebecca Minkoff
How to Do Glass Painting from a Pattern Tracing
The Breast Doc
8 Ways Divorce Makes You a Better Person
Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Cherry Tomatoes
A 23-year-old mom responds to people who called her stretch marks ugly
10 Healthy BBQ Recipes for the Summer
Men Feel More Pain After Major Surgeries
Girl in the Spiders Web director on casting Crown star Claire Foy