Astors' Beechwood Mansion
Living history tours are offered at this famous mansion along with theatrical productions by the Beechwood Theatre Company. Many weddings are performed here annually. Located at 580 Bellevue Ave. in Newport, RI.
This Georgian-style mansion was built ca 1734. Today the house holds furnishings from the Colonial era when it was occupied by the Babcocks and Victorian items reflecting when it was occupied by the Smith family. Open to visitors, the historic home is located at 124 Granite Street in Westerly, RI
This museum overlooking Narragansett Bay, details the history of what is known as the third oldest lighthouse on the Atlantic seacoast. Located on the southernmost tip of Jamestown, RI, the lighthouse site adjoins to Beavertail State Park.
Located at 657 Bellevue Avenue in Newport, RI.
Built ca 1893, the mansion boasts 70 rooms of Italian Renaissance-style palazzo. Tours are available with the Newport Mansions Tours. Located at 44 Ochre Point Avenue in Newport, RI.
A living history, working farm, located on 300 acres overlooking Narragansett Bay, RI. Built in 1750, the farmhouse saw the coming and going of the Revolutionary War. Visit at 2325 Boston Neck Road in Saunderstown, RI.
Completed in 1852, it was once known as the most palatial residence in Newport. this National Historic Landmark is operated by the Preservation Society of Newport County and is open seasonally. Located at 474 Bellevue Avenue in Newport, RI.
This beautiful Italianate-style villa was built in 1860 as the summer home of Edmund Schermerhorn and later acquired in 1911 by Mrs. Emily Morris Gallatin. The home remained in the Morris family until 1986 when acquired by the Preservation Society of Newport County. The historic home is filled with original Morris-Gallatin furnishings, 19th century American paintings. Open seasonally, Chepstow is located at 120 Narragansett Avenue in Newport, RI.
Once the home of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Julius Berwind of Philadelphia and New York, the home was designed by architect Horace Trumbauer, who modeled it after the ca 1750 French chateau d'Asnieres outside Paris, France. Completed in 1901, the ornate mansion is operated by the Preservation Society of Newport County and is open seasonally. Located at 367 Bellevue Avenue in Newport, RI.
Commonly referred to as the Summer Whitehouse, the mansion was built in 1873 as the summer home of President Dwight D. Eisenhower. Location is 1 Lincoln Drive in Fort Adams State Park in Newport, RI.
The largest coastal fort ever erected in the United States is just across the Newport Harbor. Visitors to the Fort can tour the grounds and explore the tunnel system of this grand military fort. Special events offer military re-enactments and musical festivals. Take the to get there.
During the time of the Revolutionary War, this site was known as Dumpling Rock and in 1800, Fort Dumpling was established. In 1898 this fort was enlarged and renamed in honor of Captain Alexander Wetherill who was killed in the Spanish American War. The fort was used again during both WWI and WWII but was not further used as a military establishment. Today it's ruins can be explored by visitors. Located on Wetherill Road in Fort Wetherill State Park, RI.
Hunter House was built by Jonathon Nichols, Jr., prosperous merchant and colonial deputy. Purchased by Colonel Joseph Wanton, JR in the 1750s, the house was enlarged and turned into a formal Georgian mansion. After the Revolutionary war, the house was acquired by William Hunter, a US Senator. The Preservation Society of Newport County restored Hunter House to the era of Colonel Wanton and today the house has exhibits of the finest arts and crafts of 18th century Newport. Located at 54 Washington Street in Newport, RI.
Built in 1883 for Isaac Bell, a wealthy cotton broker, the house is a National Historic Landmark and operated by the Preservation Society of Newport County. It is currently being restored. Located at 70 Perry Street in Newport, RI.
Housed inside the historic Newport Casino, the Tennis Hall of Fame details the history of tennis from the 12th century through today along with the history of the Newport Casino. Located at 194 Bellevue Avenue in Newport, RI.
See and learn about the history of the Jamestown Fire Department in this historical site. Located at 50 Narragansett Avenue in Jamestown, RI.
Housed in an old schoolhouse built in 1886, the Jamestown Museum is devoted to the collection, preservation and exhibition of the heritage of Jamestown, RI. Located at 92 Narragansett Avenue in RI.
The Quaker Meetinghouse was built in 1786-1787 as a replacement to the meetinghouse which was destroyed during the Revolutionary War. The historic meetinghouse stood empty for a century before being reopened by Philadelphia Quakers for worship again. It is currently open for worship on Sundays in the summertime. At other times, call for an appointment for a tour of the inside of the Quaker Meetinghouse. Located on North Road, east of Watson Farm in Jamestown, RI.
Built in 1787, the Jamestown Windmill is a working windmill sitting on Windmill Hill in the center of the island. Open seasonally and on Windmill Day. Located on North Road, east of Watson Farm in Jamestown, RI.
Built in 1839 for Southern Planter, George Noble Jones. The house was purchased by William Henry King in 1864 and remained in the King family until 1972 when it was left to the Preservation Society of Newport County. This National Historic Landmark and filled with original family collections. Located at 253 Bellevue Avenue in Newport, RI.
Built between 1888 and 1892 for Mr. and Mrs. William K. Vanderbilt as a summer cottage, Marble House was designed by architect Richard Morris Hunt and was inspired by the Petit Trianon at Versailles. The home has an unbelievable 500,000 cubic feet of marble, hence the name "Marble House". Operated by the Preservation Society of Newport County, the property is located at 596 Bellevue Avenue in Newport, RI.
The Middletown Historical Society operates 3 properties.
built ca 1875 is a one-room schoolhouse. The Middletown Historical Society's headquarters is located here. Featured are exhibits and displays related to the history of Middletown. Located adjacent to Paradise Valley Park at the corner of Paradise and Prospect Avenues in Middletown, RI.
built ca 1810 was originally located in Portsmouth. Open to the public seasonally with trained docents on hand. Moved to Paradise Park at the corner of Paradise and Prospect Avenues in Middletown, RI.
built ca 1892 is a one-room schoolhouse. It has been fully restored to an authentic 1900 classroom and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Open to the public seasonally. Located at the northeast corner of Valley Road and Green End Avenue in Middletown, RI.
Visitors to The Museum of Newport Irish History will learn about Irish immigration to Newport County from the 1600s to present time and their impact on the Newport Irish-American community. Exhibits include maps, historical documents, photos, videos and artifacts. Located at 648 Lower Thames Street in Newport, RI.
Located at 127 Thames Street in Newport, RI, this museum offers a glimpse into the rich history of Newport, Rhode Island. Properties owned by the Newport Historical Society museum include the Wanton-Lyman-Hazard House and the Great Friends Meeting House and they have an expanding collection of genealogy materials.
Unless you have military ID, you must make advance reservations to visit this Military Museum. Call 401-841-4052 for reservations. Located at the Naval War College at 686 Cushing Road in Newport, RI.
The Newport Art Museum is devoted to the collection, preservation, exhibit and interpretation of both historic and contemporary visual arts. Emphasis is on the rich artistic heritage of Newport and the state of Rhode Island. Located at 76 Bellevue Avenue in Newport, RI.
The Preservation Society of Newport County has restored and operates many of the beautiful ornate historical mansions of Newport, Rhode island.
Designed after the Grand Trianon in Versailels, Rosecliff was completed in 1902. Many of Newport's famed lavish parties were held in the mansion. The house and all of it's furnishings were given to the Preservation Society of Newport County in 1971. The house is beautifully restored and has been used in such movies as The Great Gatsby, Amistad, True Lies and 27 Dresses. Located at 548 Bellevue Avenue in Newport, RI.
Rose Island Lighthouse was built on an 18 acre island in 1869 and was used for over 100 years. After the Pell Newport Bridge was built, the lighthouse was abandoned. Today, it has been restored to it's 1912 appearance and has been relit. The lighthouse is very interestingly maintained by vacationers who stay on Rose Island a week at a time and are taught to take care of the light. Located on Rose Island in Narragansett Bay. Visitors can take the Jamestown Newport Ferry to the island where they are greeted by tour guides who will educate them about the history of the Rose Island Lighthouse.
The Whitehorne house is a Federal-style mansion along the Newport waterfront. The house is surrounded by beautiful formal gardens filled with historic and vintage plants. The Whitehorne House holds a remarkable collection of 18th century Newport furniture known as the Doris Duke Collection. Located at 416 Thames Street in Newport, RI.
This meeting house is the oldest surviving Baptist Church building in the United States. Constructed in 1730, the beautiful church features oak beams and carved wood paneling. Located adjacent to the Newport Historical Society at 82 Tour Street in Newport, RI.
Tiverton Four Corners is a historical village on the National Register of Historic Places. Visitors to the historic village of Tiverton Four Corners will find over 300 years of history brought to life. There are many historic homes and buildings from both the 18th and 19th centuries. An art center is located in the Soule-Seabury House, homes are available for tours, cozy shops abound for the shopper and there are several festivals throughout the year. The Meeting House is available for weddings and events. Located in the Historic District on Main Road in Tiverton, RI.
The Tiverton Historical Society, is dedicated to the collection, preservation and interpretation of the history of Tiverton, RI. Located at 3908 Main Road in Tiverton, RI.
The Touro Synagogue in Newport was completed in 1763 to serve the growing Jewish community in Newport. Today, it is a National Historic Site and the Touro Synagogue's holdings include historical documents detailing the Jewish-American history in Newport and the state of Rhode Island. This building is still used as an active house of worship. Located at 85 Tour Street in Newport, RI.
The Watson Farm dates back to 1789 when Job Watson began cultivating this land. Today, this working family farm covers 265 acres and uses traditional farming and cattle raising techniques. The farm house was built in 1796, is privately owned and not open to the public. Visitors may take a self-guided walking tour of the farm. Located at 455 North road in Jamestown, RI.
Built in 1901, the Westerly Armory holds memorabilia from the area's people, businesses & culture along with military memorabilia from the men and women of the Westerly community who have served in the armed forces. Located at 41 Railroad Avenue in Westerly, RI.
Once the home to Bishop George Berkeley, the farmhouse was enlarged in 1729 to become a country manor house. Today the house is operated as a museum by the Whitehall Committee of The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. Inside the home has been furnished with furnishings from the 18th century. Open to the public. Guided tours featured during the season. Located at 311 Berkeley Avenue in Middletown, RI.
Operated by the Little Compton Historical Society, The Wilbor House dates from 1690. Located at 548 West Main Road (Route 77) in Little Compton, RI.
Online photo printing services india
Studio p photography knoxville tn
Young money photos 2018
Boudoir photography gainesville fl
How to find photographers in my area
50 lighting setups for portrait photographers pdf
Stock photos book covers