Folks having Android smart device can now be updated with the Lollipop 5.0.2 version of firmware. While Samsung may just skip the update of 5.0 Lollipop for the likes of Galaxy Note 2 devices, there are bunch of custom ROM firmwares available in the market which will empower you to upgrade your device with the Android 5.0 experience. Android 5.0 OS completely re defines the user experience and you will almost feel like you got a new phone. So let’s check out the detailed guide which will help you install this update after following the quick pre requisites mentioned below.
Note: This update of 5.0.2 should only be applied on Galaxy Note 2 N7100 variant. We should not be held responsible/ liable when this update is installed in other devices as it may brick the device.
This update is based on the Cyanogen Mod 12 version and is the native OS which is the same in the Nexus devices.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 should be backed up manually and not with the Samsung KIES or any desktop apps as it might not help you restore the data.
- For applying this device, you need to have root access in your phone. To check on whether the device is rooted or not, download “Root Checker” app from Google PLAY Store.
- Enable USB Debugging option from Settings > Developer Options in your Galaxy S2 device. Also, install the latest version of “” app from Google PLAY Store.
- Minimum battery left in your device should be at least 50%. Your device should be factory unlocked and not the network locked device.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s get started with the detailed guide which will help you update the device with Android 5.0.2.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 2 with Lollipop 5.0 Android OS:
- Connect your Note 2 to the computer with the help of original USB cable to place the two downloaded files in your device.
- Disconnect the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy Note 2 can be entered by turning Off the device first and then press the Volume Up + Menu button to start the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, all you need to do is to just select the option of “install zip from sd card” and choose the Lollipop 5.0.2 Android Firmware package and then the Google Apps Package which you have earlier placed in your phone.
- After the firmware is updated successfully, select “go back” and choose “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode with the help of Volume rocker keys. Please note that it will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just long press the power button and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below.
Make stencil from photo online
Sigma canon telephoto lens
Pentagon city mall photography
Environmental photographer of the year competition
Tucker dee chapman photo