Black Pepper and Walnut Crusted Chicken Breasts
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 212 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 37 mg | Sodium: 293 mg | Carbohydrates: 9 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 19 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6 |
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 3/4 cup raw walnut pieces (the fats in this recipe come mostly from walnuts, a healthy fat)
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (recipe for homemade bread crumbs)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1.5 - 2 pounds skinless chicken breasts on the bone (I used 2 half breasts and cut each in half lengthwise)
- In a large bowl add chicken breasts, sprinkle with salt to taste, up to 1 teaspoon, and pour in buttermilk, make sure all pieces are coated, cover, place in the refrigerator and allow to marinate about 2 hour. (This step can be skipped if no time...but it works great to tenderize the chicken).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a food process, add walnuts, bread crumbs, black pepper, salt to taste, and paprika, pulse until well combined and a crumb consistency. If a food process is not available, place ingredients in a gallon ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to make into crumbs.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Remove chicken from buttermilk, one piece at a time, allow excess buttermilk to drip off and dredge in walnut mixture, being sure to coat each side and lightly press to ensure crumbs stick to chicken. Place chicken on parchment paper after coating with crumbs.
Video: Walnut Crusted Chicken Bites | Cooking with California Walnuts | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
How to Beat the Slots
Altuzarra SpringSummer 2014 RTW – New York Fashion Week
How to Educate Others on the Importance of Child Protection
How to Debone a Trout
Give The Gift Of Travel This Christmas 16 Of The Best Travel Gifts Days Out
How to Create a Spa Experience at Home
A Look at Your Ears, Nose, and Throat
Ansel Elgort on Fast Cars, Rock Climbs, and Working With Ralph Lauren
14 acne myths you need to stop believing
This Trendy New Diet Encourages Drinking Wine and Eating Chocolate
Travel bloggers fell to their deaths taking photo from Yosemite cliff
Strawberry Bubble Tea Recipe
6 Myths About Living Single
7 Easy Hairstyle Changes to Improve Your Looks